This privacy statement clarifies the types of information we gather, how we use it and how to correct or change it. Any changes to these policies will be posted on this page, with the latest updated date published at the bottom of the page.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you in the course of registering for and/or using our Services via our website: for example we may collect your name, address, email address or telephone number. This might be to respond to an enquiry, to fulfil a purchase you made online or to confirm fulfilment of an order. In the course of providing our services to you, we may also store information about how you use our site, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our site, changes you make to information you supply to us and the purpose of your visit. We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information. We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16. If you are aged under 16 please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
By giving us information about another person you confirm that they have given you consent to provide the information to us and that they understand how their details will be used.
In order to ensure the service we provide to you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the site. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the site without your explicit consent.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may obtain personal information from you through our website, menagemodernvintage.com. At certain points during your visit to our website we may ask you to enter personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. We will not use your data except to fulfil a request you make when disclosing those details, or if you consent to receiving marketing and promotional contents time to time.
This information may be used to speed up form filling, or to personalise or improve your experience when using the site.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information:
- to enable you to access and use the service;
- to communicate with you, including to process a transaction for services provided to you, or when we fulfil your order: including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations. This is a standard part of our service and by using the service you agree to receive these communications;
- to personalise and improve aspects of our service;
- for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
- to screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- to send you information from time to time about products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If you consent, we may contact you via email, post, telephone, sms, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media. This may include information about upcoming sales, events, newsletters and opportunities to participate in market research.
- to enable you to share our content with others, e.g. by using any ‘Email a friend’ or ‘Share this’ functionality on our sites.
We may store the personal information you provide and may use it to pre-populate fields on the site and to make it easier for you to use the site when making return visits. If you do not want us to store and use your personal information in this way, you may amend your preferences at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may monitor or record your calls, emails, sms or other communications but we will do so in accordance with data protection legislation and other applicable law. Monitoring or recording will always be for business purposes, such as for quality control and training, to prevent unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and site, to ensure effective systems operation, to meet any legal obligation and/or to prevent or detect crime.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Consent: where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you certain marketing emails and process any sensitive information about you if we have your consent.
- Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
o to enable you to access and use our services by: processing any transaction; and tracking sales. Using your information in this way is an essential part of us being able to provide our services to you;
o to communicate with you about the service. We need to keep you informed about your use of the service, for example sending you a confirmation email of your transactions. This won’t include marketing communications unless you have given us your consent to receive these; and
o to improve our services. We may use your personal information to: personalise aspects of our service; for market research. We constantly aim to improve our service to you and using your personal information in this way helps us to do this.
From May 2018, you will have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests including where we may use your personal information to create a profile to inform customer demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we are continuing to process your personal information. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you give us your explicit consent to do so.
Occasionally we have to take advantage of third party systems to make sure we can properly fulfil our obligations to you.The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purposes as part of the processing activities:
- Shopify Inc: We use Shopify to power our online store, including supporting and processing orders, risk and fraud screening, authentication, and payments. You can read more about how Shopify uses and safeguards your Personal Information here:https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site;
- MailChimp: We use Mail Chimp to manage our subscriber and distribution lists, and to send out regular marketing emails and newsletters. All our marketing emails will give you a clear and concise option to unsubscribe from a particular email list or to update your preference, or you can email us directly at email@example.com amend your marketing preferences.
- Payment Process: We do not process any payments directly on our website. All payments are processed via third-party partners who process, manage, encrypt and authorise your payments. All data before being processed is encrypted.
- Social Media Platforms: we use Social Media Platforms including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram to monitor our social media responses, queries and interests.
None of our third-party data processors will contact you or pass on your information to external companies unless required to do so by Law.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
When you visit the site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
COOKIES:A cookie is a very small data file that is placed on your device or computer and often includes an anonymous unique identifier.Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on the site;
- understand the number of visitors to the site and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to the site so we can provide you with access to information you have previously shown interest on.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser; these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our site and could prevent you from completing some purchases through our site.
Required – we use a set of cookies which are critical to the functionality of the site. They are used to keep a user logged in to the site and to remember previous activities within the site should the user return to a site.
Functional – we use a set of cookies to track visitors to help us understand how customers use our site. These cookies are only used to help improve users’ site experience. The cookies are placed on the user’s first visit to a site and they track the user through the site, where they go, where they drop off, what pages they have problems with, etc.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our site.
LOG FILES: track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
WEB BEACONS, TAGS and PIXELS are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Your personal data’s security is very important to us. This is why, where it’s appropriate, our site uses HTTPS to help keep information about you secure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Certain information, for example, your credit card details, is encrypted to minimise the risk of interception during transit.
You may complete a registration process when you sign up to use parts of the site. This may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any such details should be kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone.
It might sometimes be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to locations that may not provide the same level of protection as the UK. However, we will only transfer your personal information out of the EEA if we have put in place appropriate safeguards and protections as stated under UK law for example by the use of a data-transfer agreement incorporating certain standard model protection clauses.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
If you are a European resident, from May 2018 you will have the following rights under the new EU data protection legislation:
- Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal information from us;
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests
If you are not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Menage Modern Vintage, 9 Conway Street, London W1T6BL, is the Data Controller in relation to the processing of the personal information that you provide to us when you use our Services. The Data Protection Officer is Chiara Menage. If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information, or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 14 May 2018